Just in time for Halloween, Burger King offers a new take on their iconic sandwich with the launch of the new Ghost Whopper. The new burger which features a cheddar-infused spectral white bun will be available at select locations starting Thursday, October 24, 2019.
The ghostly looking sandwich features a quarter-pound flame-grilled beef patty, topped with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, white onions, pickles, ketchup, and mayo on a white cheddar-cheese flavored, white sesame seed bun.
The Ghost Whopper will carry a suggested price of $4.59. That said, here’s where you can find the burger that’s making waves because of its white, cheddar infused buns:
- 6135 El Cajon Boulevard, San Diego, CA
- 35 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA
- 2834 N. 44th Street, Phoenix, AZ
- 822 Evans Road, Suite 107, San Antonio, TX
- 19901 Van Dyke Road, Detroit, MI
- 5918 Ogeechee Road, Savannah, GA
- 1601 Old Trolley Road, Summerville, SC
- 2423 South Carrollton Ave., New Orleans, LA
- 3951 New Covington Pike, Memphis, TN
- 2400 Castor Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
For the launch of the Ghost Whopper sandwich, Burger King hired Riz Mirza, an internationally known medium who can turn his body into a vessel for spirits. Together, they taste tested the new burger and offered out of this world reviews of the sandwich such as, “it’s beyond belief to experience this taste.”
This is isn’t the first time Burger King has experimented with colored buns for Halloween. In 2015, the fast-food chain unveiled the Halloween Whopper which featured a black bun. And, in 2018 they introduced the Nightmare Whopper which came with a glazed green sesame seed bun.