Panda Express explores adding a new line of easy-to-eat, bite-sized snacks to the menu with a test of new Dim Sum Bites at the brand’s Innovation Kitchen in Pasadena, California.
The dim sum-style menu features new menu items like Lobster & Shrimp Dumplings and Mini Chicken Wontons, as well as the chain’s first-ever dessert offering, the Apple Pie Roll, which was recently introduced at participating locations nationwide.
In addition, the Dim Sum Bites lineup also includes a couple of fan-favorites that are generally available on the regular menu year-round, such as the Chicken Egg Roll and the Veggie Spring Roll.
Here’s a closer look at Panda Express’s new Dim Sum Bites menu:
- Lobster & Shrimp Dumplings: Served in pairs, Lobster and Shrimp Dumplings consist of a blend of lobster, shrimp, cream cheese and veggies in a crispy wrapper.
- Mini Chicken Wontons: Crispy mini wonton wrappers stuffed with chicken and veggies and deep-fried until crunchy.
- Apple Pie Roll: A crispy-fried, rolled pastry filled with juicy apples and fall spices and dusted with sweet cinnamon sugar.
- Chicken Egg Roll: A crispy-fried wonton wrapper filled with cabbage, carrots, green onions and chicken.
- Veggie Spring Roll: A crispy-fried wonton wrapped stuffed with cabbage, carrots, green onions, celery, and Chinese noodles.
Dim Sum Bites are being sold individually at a suggested price of $2 per dish, $3.75 for two dishes, and $5 for three dishes.
Panda Express’ new Dim Sum Bites can be found at the chain’s Innovation Kitchen located at 3867 East Foothill Blvd. in Pasadena, CA through November 28, 2023.