Starbucks is ringing in the 2022 holiday season with the return of holiday beverages and new holiday food, including the new Chocolate Pistachio Swirl, Peppermint Mocha, Caramel Brulée Latte, Toasted White Chocolate Mocha, and Chestnut Praline Latte.
Additionally, cold coffee drinks like the brand’s popular Iced Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte and Irish Cream Cold Brew are also back for the holidays.
Here’s a closer look at Starbucks’ 2022 holiday menu:
- Peppermint Mocha: The beverage, which debuted in 2002 and is turning 20 this year, consists of espresso combined with steamed milk, mocha sauce, and peppermint-flavored syrup, topped with whipped cream and dark chocolate curls.
- Caramel Brulée Latte: A combination of espresso, steamed milk and rich caramel brulée sauce, topped with whipped cream and caramel brulée topping.
- Chestnut Praline Latte: Combines espresso, steamed milk and the flavors of caramelized chestnuts and spices topped with whipped cream and spiced praline crumbs.
- Toasted White Chocolate Mocha: Caramelized white chocolate mocha sauce blended with espresso and steamed milk, and then finished with whipped cream and a topping of holiday sugar sparkles and crispy white pearls.
- Iced Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte: Blends Starbucks Blonde Espresso with sugar cookie syrup, ice, and creamy almondmilk, and then tops it off with festive red and green sprinkles.
- Irish Cream Cold Brew: Unites bold, super smooth Starbucks Cold Brew with Irish Cream syrup, and is then topped with vanilla sweet cream foam and a dusting of cocoa powder.
In the bakery case and new to this year’s holiday food menu is the Chocolate Pistachio Swirl, which joins a slew of returning fan favorites, including the Reindeer Cake Pop, Sugar Plum Cheese Danish, Cranberry Bliss Bar and Snowman Cookie.
- Chocolate Pistachio Swirl: The new Chocolate Pistachio Swirl features a creamy chocolate filling with notes of cinnamon and coffee swirled into buttery brioche-inspired dough with mint chocolate chips and topped with chopped bits of pistachio.
- Reindeer Cake Pop: Vanilla cake with chocolate icing is finished with a festive red nose and antlers to resemble a reindeer.
- Sugar Plum Cheese Danish: Cream cheese filling surrounded by a fluffy Danish and topped with a spiced sugar plum spread.
- Cranberry Bliss Bar: A blondie cake with tart dried cranberries baked in and garnished with a layer of cream-cheese icing, orange zest, and a sprinkle of dried cranberries. Also available for purchase in trays.
- Snowman Cookie: The returning fan favorite Snowman Cookie consists of a buttery shortbread snowman dressed up in white chocolatey icing.
In addition to the new and returning festive menu items, Starbucks is also celebrating the 25 years of the debut of its iconic holiday cups with the launch of four new designs that offer the comforts and cheer of the season, each wrapped up to resemble a gift.
To bring the warm feeling of the holiday season to life, designers created a collection of holiday motifs – like ornaments, sparkles and snowflakes – to evoke a sense of the season’s joy. Ribbon and tape elements were also incorporated into the designs to add another gift-giving element, along with gift tags so you can include a personalized message on the back of each cup. The new color palette features classic seasonal colors with the added flair of mint green.
Seasonal menu items and new holiday cup designs can be found at participating Starbucks locations nationwide for a limited time throughout the 20222 holiday season, or while supplies last.